[asterisk-users] UNREACHABLE/Lagged happening on "bulk" register/subscribe

Glenn O Larsen glenn at europlan.no
Thu Nov 4 12:16:27 CDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Stefan Schmidt <sst at sil.at> wrote:
> Am 04.11.10 13:14, schrieb Glenn O Larsen:
>> What often happens, is that most of the peers is getting UNREACHABLE
>> or Lagged.... When I try to call during this time, I get a timeout...
>>
>> Any ideas on where to start debugging?
>>
>> I'm running on Asterisk 1.4, with realtime users, with cache and
>> qualify turned on.
>>
> Hello Glenn,
>
> you should try the latest 1.4 svn version. There was a part of code for
> the subscribe handling, which tooks very long to be proceeded and in
> this time no other sip paket (like the answer for options) is read.
>
> this cause the high timerange you can see on qualify. the problem is
> that asterisk was not able to handle this amount of subscribes just in
> time. with my patch this problem should not exists anymore.
>
> best regards
>

> stefan

Hi Stefan,

Yes, the 1.4-svn works a lot better... Do you have the bug # ? I tried
to find it, but I couldn't locate it.

I'm still able to make the Asterisk not respond (timeout for phones
trying to call) when all clients are subscribing at the same time, but
it was a lot harder.

Thank you..

--
Best regards