[asterisk-users] UNREACHABLE/Lagged happening on "bulk" register/subscribe

Glenn O Larsen glenn at europlan.no
Thu Nov 4 07:14:01 CDT 2010

Dears Friends,

I currently have 16 Cisco SPA525g phones with a SPA500s (Attendant
Console) connected to each phone.
All of the 16 phones, have their Attendant Console configured the same
way, where they are subscribing to each of the 16 phones.

When I power on the switch, where all the phones are connected to, I
then get 16 registers, and 256 subscriptions (16 * 16) happening at
the same time.

What often happens, is that most of the peers is getting UNREACHABLE
or Lagged.... When I try to call during this time, I get a timeout...

After some minutes the Asterisk box is back in business, but at the
next round of re-subscribe, I happens again..

I have tried to reproduce this in a test environment, and I only
manage to reproduce this by adding some network delay on the asterisk
box it self..

Any ideas on where to start debugging?

I'm running on Asterisk 1.4, with realtime users, with cache and
qualify turned on.

Best regards
Glenn Larsen