[asterisk-users] ADSL Load Balancing

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Nov 3 02:49:23 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Dan Journo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a client with two ADSL connections for redundancy.
>
> Is it possible to set up asterisk to connect to one SIP provider using
> both adsl connections and load balance between the two connections? Or
> to use one connection as the main one, and automatically fail over if
> the first connection drops?
>
> Or does this kind of thing need a serious network switch?

Get a Draytek 2820 router/modem and a Vigor 120 ADSL modem and do it in
the 2820. Much easier. (The 2820 has one ADSL port and one WAN port which
will run pppoe to the 120 modem)

However if you're up for it, then 2 separate ADSL modem/routers and read
this: http://lartc.org/howto/ specifically section 4.

Gordon