[asterisk-users] FW: Under heavy attack

Cary Fitch caryf at usawide.net
Mon Nov 1 18:01:46 CDT 2010

I know there was talk on VUC recently about some kind of realtime RBL for
SIP. Has anything progressed?

It would be SO easy for asterisk users to contribute to a blacklist and also
do a lookup in realtime to see if an IP has been blacklisted.

 A little bit of joined up thinking in the community could eliminate this
issue. Would also be another major + for Asterisk as a platform..

Regards

Brian

Some systems need to communicate with the world.

Other only with their own network, and a few selected outside addresses.

If anyone from Amsterdam or Nigeria or Malaysia (and 100 other countries) is
trying to get on our system, we are surprised!  Vail Colorado, not so much.
:-)

Cary Fitch