[asterisk-users] Connect mobile to asterisk

Vincent codecomplete at free.fr
Mon May 31 05:12:13 CDT 2010

On Sat, 29 May 2010 11:31:05 +0530 (IST), Nivin Kumar
<nivinkumar24 at yahoo.in> wrote:
>I would like to connect my blackberry or any other cell phone to asterisk so that
> I can send calls through the sim card. I would also like to send SMS through this as well.

Since wifi isn't as reliable and pervasive as GSM (and I read that
BlackBerry don't allow VoIP clients anyway, so as to force users to
make calls through their cellphone provider), I assume you don't want
to connect the Blackberry to Asterisk through either through
USB/Ethernet or wifi, but rather through GSM.

The only solution I know is to buy a GSM gateway that will be
connected by wire to your Asterisk server at home, and you'll need to
get a second GSM subscription so that the GSM gateway has a SIM and
let you connect your GSM phone to your Asterisk server.

www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/VOIP+GSM+Gateways

If someone knows of a cheaper way to connect a GSM phone to an
Asterisk server, I'm also interested.