[asterisk-users] Best way to limit outgoing calls per trunk

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Sat May 29 16:28:09 CDT 2010

Should be solid. After all munin also works on the same lines and it works
solid.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.

On 2010-05-29 5:12 PM, "bruce bruce" <bruceb444 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am looking to use System() function along with some bash scripting to
determine if a Trunk is being used during certain time of the day or not.
Here is what I have in mind. Please guide me if you know a better way:

exten => s,1,answer
exten => s,n,System(/tmp/check.sh)

check.sh:
check EPOCH time => do an IF for certain times => Allow mutiple calls in
certain times and only single call at certain times
return back to Asterisk context and report if Trunk would allow more
channels or not...

Something along those lines. Should this be a solid thing to do? I am
looking to use GotoIF and `asterisk -rx "sip show channels"` to grab results
or `asterisk -rx "core show channels"`

Thanks