[asterisk-users] How to have Asterisk respond from the IP address used for registration

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Thu May 27 19:31:45 CDT 2010

On 28/05/2010, Mike <list at virtutel.ca> wrote:
> That was a simplified example. I actually have two links from different
>  ISPs, totally different networks.  Those on provider A should talk to
>  provider`s A IP address and have their answers come back from provider's A
>  IP, and those on provider B should talk to my provider B NIC and get the
>  response back from that IP.

I think this is more a router issue - we do this with three links,
going into a single Linux-based Linksys which acts as the single
gateway for the LAN (so it has 4 interfaces). You need to look into
the "ip" command, and packet mangling to mark connections as coming
from each provider (so that all related packets go back the same way).

HTH
Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.