[asterisk-users] How to have Asterisk respond from the IP address used for registration

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu May 27 18:52:39 CDT 2010

That was a simplified example. I actually have two links from different
ISPs, totally different networks.  Those on provider A should talk to
provider`s A IP address and have their answers come back from provider's A
IP, and those on provider B should talk to my provider B NIC and get the
response back from that IP.

This is all to make sure latency is kept to a minimum.  Provider A`s network
doesn't peer to provider B, so latency is horrible when the customer doesn't
use the right IP address.

The reason why I am not using a diff server per provider is that for some
customers, half the phone will be on provider A and half on provider B
(home-based personnel).  They still keep hints and stuf to work as if they
were on the same server.

So my original question I believe is still valid, even if the IPs used as
exemple made little common sense (as you`ve rightly noted)

Michael