[asterisk-users] Meetmee user introduction disabled

Theo Band theo.band at greenpeak.com
Thu May 27 17:17:43 CDT 2010

David Backeberg wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 4:05 AM, Theo Band <theo.band at greenpeak.com> wrote:
>
>> First I noted that dahdi_dummy is no longer present in
>> kmod-dahdi-linux-2.3.0.1-1.
>>

> Not exactly true.
>
> myhost01 asterisk # lsmod | grep dahdi
> dahdi_dummy             5812  0
> dahdi_transcode         8968  1 wctc4xxp
> dahdi_voicebus         42048  2 wctdm24xxp,wcte12xp
> dahdi                 198992  24
> dahdi_dummy,xpp,dahdi_transcode,wcb4xxp,wctdm,wcfxo,wctdm24xxp,wcte11xp,wct1xxp,wcte12xp,dahdi_voicebus,wct4xxp
> crc_ccitt               4096  2 wctdm24xxp,dahdi
>
> myhost01 asterisk # dmesg | grep dahdi
> dahdi: Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
> dahdi: Version: 2.3.0

What I mean is that it is no longer present in the package:
rpm -qf /lib/modules/2.6.18-164.11.1.el5/dahdi/dahdi_dummy.ko
kmod-dahdi-linux-2.2.1-1_centos5.2.6.18_164.11.1.el5

rpm -ql kmod-dahdi-linux-2.3.0.1-1_centos5.2.6.18_194.3.1.el5|grep
dahdi_dummy.ko

>> Reverting back to kmod-dahdi-linux-2.2.1-1
>> solved that issue, now the module is loaded again.
>>

> I suppose it would. I got dahdi_dummy with 2.3.0 by analyzing how the
> build process worked, and doing some tricks. I could see dahdi_dummy.c
> was in the package but it wasn't getting built.
>
> Here's the trick.
>
> If you pull down the combined dahdi package, extract it,
> cd into the extracted top-level folder
> cd linux (which is the dahdi proper stuff)
>
> make MODULES_EXTRA=dahdi_dummy
>
> That worked for me.
> Do the make install too.
>
> asktest01 linux # make MODULES_EXTRA=dahdi_dummy

I used to build Asterisk from source including the zaptel-dummy module.
Last year I decided to upgrade and use a yum repository. I hoped that
this would be less hassle compared to manually chasing after the latest
release, compiling etc. And after every kernel update the modules need
to be recompiled. The yum flow does it all for me using this repository:

[asterisk-current]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Asterisk - Current
baseurl=http://packages.asterisk.org/centos/$releasever/current/$basearch/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
#gpgkey=http://packages.asterisk.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-Digium

This is why I prefer not to compile and install anything outside of
yum/rpm.
> It seems that these days you need to provide extra arguments to get
> dahdi_dummy, and it's getting filtered by default.

So what you describe is probably what the package builders also need to
know. How can I report such an issue other than using this forum? I
don't think a private mail to the maintainer is the best option.

And although kmod-dahdi-linux-2.2.1-1 contains the dummy module, the
newer version of meetme still does not work. So that's a meetme
application issue I think.