[asterisk-users] Can't load ooh323 on Centos x86_64: capabilities failure

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Fri May 21 10:40:35 CDT 2010

I have a Centos 5.4 64 bit installation.  I've tried installing asterisk 1.6.2.7 from source, and from RPM, and although overall things work, the chan_ooh323.so module won't load.  Every attempt to load causes "Capabilities failure for OOH323. OOH323 Disabled."

I looked at the source and the call to ooh323c_set_capability(&gPrefs, gCapability, gDTMFMode) fails, but why isn't obvious without tracing through code that is totally new to me.

Can anyone offer ideas?  I have a 32-bit similar OS installation which runs fine.  Could this be a 64 bit issue?

MD