[asterisk-users] file command with alaw file

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri May 21 08:27:38 CDT 2010

Might not be the answer you seek, but you could put a Q&D AGI in-line to do
the CLI command for you. Something like this:
Exten => s,1,answer
Exten => s,n,record(file.alaw)
Exten => s,n,AGI(alaw2mp3.agi,file.alaw, file.mp3)
Exten => s,n,hangup

Alternatively, you could replace the AGI with a System command.