[asterisk-users] file command with alaw file

Pham Quy quyps at vega.com.vn
Fri May 21 05:04:09 CDT 2010

        From alaw to wav, you can use Asterisk's CLI f"   file
        convert /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/soundfile.alaw /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/soundfile.wav

I want to have my record alaw automically be converted to mp3 (or wav)
right after finishing recording. How can I do it in dialplan?

We are going to connect our asterisk to E1-Euro ISDN. AFASIK, it uses
G711 A-law for audio codec. Is it possible for me to save my recorded
audio file directly as wav files without calling CLI's file command (it
will be converted to mp3 later)?

Thanks for all your time and your wisdom
Quyps