[asterisk-users] DAHDI and ESXi

Conor McTernan conormcternan at gmail.com
Thu May 20 02:08:51 CDT 2010

Does anybody have any experience of running Asterisk with DAHDI on ESXi?

I am running Asterisk 1.4 with DAHDI 2.3 on ESXi 4.0 alongside a TE220
card. My asterisk install can see the card, but no matter what I do
with the jumpers it remains in E1 mode. I have tested the card in
another machine, in a non-virtualized setup and it works correctly
(i.e. dahdi_scan reports the card as being in T1 mode).

The issue appears to be with ESX, but I cannot understand why it would
be ignoring (or even changing) the jumper settings. Has anyone else
used any Digium cards in a virtualized environment.

I am running all this on a Xeon E5506 so the PCI passthrough will work.

Any ideas or comments are much appreciated.

Thank you,

Conor