[asterisk-users] OT - Which SIP hardphone with 100 BLF ?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed May 19 01:41:21 CDT 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010, Olivier wrote:

> 2010/5/18 Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com>
>
>>  Dumb question ? wouldn?t it be easier to monitor a web interface than a
>> phone with 100 lights?
>>
> Yes and no : operator already has a Flash Operator Panel on its screen.
> Information displayed by FOP is richer (you can see who is talking to who)
> but operator feels easier with dedicated buttons for both displaying
> activity and issuing transfers.

I've deployed a few Grandstream phones with a single button-box. The box
has 56 additional keys to the 7 on the GXP2000. It can support a 2nd box
connected in to give 119 BLF buttons/speed-dials.

BLF was flakey in early Grandstreams, but seems to work fine for me in
these systems - but I know Grandstream gets a bad rap by many these days,
but it's not too expensive for a trial.

Gordon