[asterisk-users] quick question on conf bridge

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue May 18 14:36:11 CDT 2010

I have a customer that is using a quad core xeon server with 4 GIG ram
and Te210P card.
Currently this machine is being used for calling out to their own people
as well other programs being run.

anyway they wish to start using it for a 30 person conference bridge.
I presume this is no issue??? I am running centos 64 and asterisk 1.4.30

I was thinking they might need to expand the card to a quad card so
calling out can still
take place as the 30 person conf bridge is happening. Again I presume
with this machine
that even using all the quad T1's isnt an issue. Is that the case?

I have not done anything with conferencing on asterisk and didnt know if
using the bridge is
really CPU intensive or not.

Thanks

Jerry