[asterisk-users] Location with PRI / Analog lines

mir shahnawaz shahnawazmir at gmail.com
Tue May 18 13:20:13 CDT 2010

Hi there,

I am stuck with the location issues. It would be easy if you have DID
for each extension so that outgoing caller id would be DID of the
respective extension and also physical address. Now if you are not
able to get DID's for some reason. I am thinking of some situations
and appreciate your thoughts.

1. If I have a PRI and map physical number (original numbers in hunt
group not the group number) to some extensions. If somebody calls
emergency from a specific location in a building either it will have
outgoing caller ID of that specific number in PRI group (if possible)
or always dial that physical line which has address of that location
in Telco database. Is it possible? Can we have different caller ID's
for a PRI? I mean my PRi has one number 12345667 known to outside
world. But it has 23 physical number in original.Please comment

2.If I have analog lines,  incoming call can use any channel and out
going calls from any extension can use any channel. If somebody dials
emergency then that specific extension dials specific channel which
has its physical location in Telco database.

I would highly appreciate your thoughts.

Shahnawaz Mir

http://www.aaanetworkx.com