[asterisk-users] new way to capture audio streams in calls

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta at gmail.com
Mon May 17 17:14:10 CDT 2010

I am announcing sound recognition project/library SoundPatty. It is
created to capture a recording in an audio stream. Use cases:

You can listen to live radio station and log how many advertisements
are played per day
You can know if leg B is an amazon.com bot :-)
You can match special operator messages when trying to initiate a VoIP
call (for example, "phone is out of radio coverage")
anything you can think of where you need to capture a record.

I was able to catch some local custom operator messages via GSM and
capture exact locations of advertisements in our local radio station
(mplayer+jack).
SoundPatty is very work-in-progress project. The code requires
testing, but is somehow usable :) All suggestions, fixes, patches,
tests are very appreciated.

More information on the home page:
http://github.com/Motiejus/SoundPatty

Special for asterisk users: to feed callee sound to SoundPatty, you
need to open and connect two Jack ports (as in example in
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Dial#DialtogetherwithopeniningJackportsforcal),
and then just launch ./controller

Hope you will like it.
Motiejus