[asterisk-users] identify caller hangup or callee hangup?

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Mon May 17 04:21:40 CDT 2010

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Am 17.05.2010 10:46, schrieb Zhang Shukun:
>> Hello,
>>
>> you know , when a call setup, either caller hangup first or callee
>> hangup first , the hangupcause will set to 16(means Call Clearing
>> Causes)
>>
>> My question is how could i identify whether the caller or callee
>> hangup the phone first?
>
> AFAIK you can not.

The only way I can think of doing it is that if one end involves the use
of ISDN then in the console logs you do get messages like
"-- Channel 0/11, span 1 got hangup request, cause 16"
but there is no timestamp so it would be tricky matching up to the
corresponding call

Maybe you can try using the manager interface. The hangup event seems to
mention the channel so perhaps this is the one which initiated the hangup
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/asterisk+manager+events#HangupEvent