[asterisk-users] LAN IAX2 trunk bad audio quality vs. LAN SIP trunk good audio quality

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 08:26:30 CDT 2010

--- On Thu, 5/13/10, Zoa <zoachien at securax.org> wrote:

> Can you try trunk = no ?

Lifesaver...
trunk=no made the "interference" go away.
I have clean audio now.

Quote: "IAX Trunking needs support of a hardware timer."

I'm supposing my system is using the DAHDI-driven Digium cards on my motherboard. I don't know how hardware timers work and if Digium hardware rely on the motherboard (my system clock is going too fast and my ntpd is constantly adjusting the clock by -2.6 seconds every 20 minutes). In any case, since I'm on a dedicated LAN I guess I can safely set trunk=no.

Thanks!

Vieri