[asterisk-users] What does Asterisk give to reject a re-invite?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu May 13 17:32:24 CDT 2010

On 05/13/2010 05:16 PM, David Cunningham wrote:

> We're having an issue where a peer's response to an INVITE includes
> "a=sendonly". Later it sends a re-invite with "a=sendrecv", however
> Asterisk responds to that with an OK that includes "a=recvonly". The
> end result is the called party can't hear the caller.
>
> Do you have any idea why this is, or where I could go for more information?

That would seem to indicate that the peer is placing Asterisk 'on hold',
and then taking it back 'off hold' later. I do not know why Asterisk
would respond with 'recvonly', it should only do that when it thinks the
channel is still on hold. Are you using 'mohinterpret=passthrough',
where Asterisk would send the hold indication to the bridged channel
instead of reacting to it locally?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com