[asterisk-users] Voicemail() app not available?

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Wed May 12 04:29:29 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a demo machine I'm running up on Lenny - it has the packaged
Asterisk version installed (1.4.21.2+stuff).

I'm trying to add an extension to leave a voicemail message, just with
Voicemail(1234), which I've done before (on 1.2 at least), but it's
saying "no application 'Voicemail' ".

"module show like voi" shows "app_voicemail.so" and
"app_hasnewvoicemail.so" loaded (I have "autoload=yes" in modules.conf
and have "noload=" a bunch, but I even explicitly set
"load=app_voicemail.so" just in case.

However, "core show applications like voi" only lists "HasVoicemail"
and "HasNewVoicemail", with no sign of "Voicemail". The wiki seems to
show that it should all be included, with no sign of deprecation...

Any ideas where I can look?

TIA,
Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.