[asterisk-users] problem of "Cannot release Channel"

kamrun nahar bina bina187 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 03:51:53 CDT 2010

Dear all,
using asterisk-1.4.23.1, I encountered a problem of asterisk that cannot
release the channel.* *
We have several of asterisk server(client ,Guest). Now channels remaining
problem occurs only in the server where the number of user agent  is more
than 660 and where many simultaneous calling occurs.
Physically, it is being released, but in programming logic, it is not being
released. If we execute "core show channels concise" then we see that the
channels is remaining in server which is not using long time.
Is it the bugs of asterisk or something else? if asterisk has limitation
then how many concurrent call can occur in asterisk? Or how many user agent
can register in one asterisk server? Or is it the server load problem?
Please let me know.
We have got the channels remaining problem in the following hand set.

Acrobits Softphone version 3.2.2 (iPhone)
SipSimple v4.0/iPhoneOS
snom300/7.1.30
Grandstream HT487 1.0.8.16
Linphone/Linphone-3.1.2 (eXosip2/unknown)...for fax
Sipdroid(Linksys/PAP2-3.1.22(LS)

Is there any one who knows the solution? Please help me.

Thanks in advance
Nahar