[asterisk-users] shoretel pbx - getting PRI call status not the SIP PBX call status.

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue May 11 13:08:20 CDT 2010

Jerry Geis wrote:
>> I am using asterisk connected to shoretel pbx using SIP trunk that
>> then is connected to PRI to the world.
>> connection is there and I can make calls out.
>>
>> HOwever, as soon as I place the call with a call file it is telling
>> me the call was answered and my cell phone
>> has not even rang yet.
>>
>> What is not set right on the shortel end to provide me call progress
>> on the PRI connection - not the SIP connection.
>>
>> I need to know when the call is answered on the PRI side not the SIP
>> side.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jerry
>>

> Is there a way to send a request for session progress (183) on a SIP
> trunk in asterisk?
>
> Apparently this is what the shortel PBX needs so as to give me call
> progress over the last leg (PRI) connection
> not the connection to the shortel SIP trunk.
>
> Jerry

How do I do this in asterisk???

*It's called 183 session progress*

<http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums/3rd-party/4706-freeswitch-asterisk-shoretel-pri.html#post17113>

The proper translation would be to send

183 Session Progress with a sdp
This establishes early media without answering the call.

This thread explains the issue.
http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums/3rd-party/4706-freeswitch-asterisk-shoretel-pri.html
basically, call from asterisk -> shortel -> PRI. shortel sends back "200
OK" and the call is answered.
I need the PRI call status not the shortel call status.

How is this accomplished.

Thanks,

jerry