[asterisk-users] Working with Blacklist database

Myles Wakeham myles at techsol.org
Mon May 10 12:38:21 CDT 2010

I have an Asterisk 1.4.2 system online and have built up quite a large
blacklist of tele-spammers that have been calling us.  Recently we
swapped one of our DID numbers to a SIP provider that now prefixes all
calls with +1xxxxxxxxxxxx in front of US numbers (we're in the USA) and
I need to edit my blacklist database so that all numbers in there that
don't have the +1 prefix in front of them, now have a version of it that
can match to these new prefixes.

Or alternatively I need to change my Dialplan to search for a match
against the Blacklist database on a substring of the incoming caller ID.

Has anyone done this before?  Is it easy to edit the content of the
Blacklist database like in a SQL database, where I can simply insert new
records based on the old records but change the prefix to them with the +1?

Myles
--
Myles Wakeham