[asterisk-users] AskoziaPBX 2.0 Released

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Tue May 11 07:43:56 CDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I haven't said much here about the project for awhile now but I think
this is worth a mention. After about 18 months of development, version
2.0 of the software is available!

 - http://www.askozia.com/news/2010/5/4/new-release-200.html

For those unfamiliar with the project, we're working on creating an
Open Source firmware for embedded appliances which makes it possible
for "normal" people to setup an Asterisk system. The whole thing is
configured via a WebGUI and uses common terminology instead of
technical jargon. It weighs in at about 15MB including multilingual
gui and audio prompts. Currently x86, Blackfin and PowerPC platforms
are supported.

Thanks to everyone who has used and tested the software in the move
from 1.0 to 2.0! I'm looking forward to even more feedback and
impressions about the usability.

Of course, none of this would be possible without the Asterisk core
software. A huge thanks to all of the community and Digium devs for
the magic that is Asterisk. Many people have helped directly with the
troubleshooting and debugging involved in running Asterisk on assorted
embedded cpu architectures.

Regards,
-Michael