[asterisk-users] asterisk-users Digest, Vol 70, Issue 23

Nasir Javaid nasirjavaidnasir at gmail.com
Tue May 11 03:57:23 CDT 2010

Thanks Vardan,

I will like to know if this scenario can work when peer is not having fixed
ip and we use
host = nasir.server.com
?
also I have set insecure=invite,port

what if i use
insecure=no

thanks again.

Message: 24
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:52:14 +0500
From: Vardan <hvardan71 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Dialing a SIP Peer without using
       register strin
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com

Remove username and secret and use IP authentication on both side

[server1_abc]
type=peer
host=192.168.0.20
context=default
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=yes - canreinvite with nat=yes is not working
insecure=invite,port
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g729
allow=gsm
nat=yes
qualify=yes

[server2_abc]
type=peer
host=192.168.0.21
context=default
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=yes
insecure=invite,port
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g729
allow=gsm
nat=yes
qualify=yes

Nasir Javaid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to this list and this is first time i m posting here. please
> help me out
>
> currently I am working on dialing a sip peer on an asterisk server from
> 2nd asterisk server. scenario is like this.
>
> on my system i am using this peer in sip.conf.
>
> [abc]
> type=peer
> username=abc
> secret=mysecret
> host=192.168.0.20
> context=default
> dtmfmode=rfc2833
> ;restrictcid=no
> canreinvite=yes
> insecure=invite,port
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> allow=alaw
> allow=g729
> allow=gsm
> nat=yes
> qualify=yes
>
> and using following register string
>
> register  => abc:mysecret at 192.168.0.20 <abc%3Amysecret at 192.168.0.20><mailto:
abc%3Amysecret at 192.168.0.20 <abc%253Amysecret at 192.168.0.20>>