[asterisk-users] Using Asterisk? Get on the press list!

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Mon May 10 13:32:51 CDT 2010

I'll post my semi-annual request for press contacts.  If you have an
Asterisk installation that matches one or more of these adjectives:

  - enterprise-oriented
  - government-oriented
  - education-oriented
  - unique
  - clever
  - large
  - complex

  ...we would be interested in having you talk with the press!  We at
Digium keep a list of people who wouldn't mind talking to the press on
their open-source Asterisk installations, because we get inquiries all
the time about different things.  "We want to talk to people who are
using Asterisk to do _________!" is what we get, and it's great to be
able to have a pocket-full of people who meet the criteria who don't
mind spending a bit of time talking about how they use Asterisk to
solve a particular task.

Remember: Asterisk and all open-source projects have almost zero press
other than what YOU can help with.  We're competing with tens
(hundreds?) of millions of dollars in press and marketing that is
spent by proprietary vendors.  The press is very, very interested in
hearing about Asterisk, but we don't have a giant list of OSS Asterisk
users from which we can cherry-pick names, or offer discounts on
yearly subscription fees (because there aren't any!) to help out with
press interviews, etc.   Help the project, help yourself - put your
name on the list!

If you've already filled out this form, no need to again - you're on
the list, and if there is a press inquiry that seems to be a good
match, we'll pass them to you!  If you're an integrator, please don't
fill out the form - have your customers fill out the form - press
folks are always looking for end users, not integrators.

   http://bit.ly/asterisk-press

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/