[asterisk-users] Dialing a SIP Peer without using register strin

Nasir Javaid nasirjavaidnasir at gmail.com
Mon May 10 09:14:29 CDT 2010

Hi,

I am new to this list and this is first time i m posting here. please help
me out

currently I am working on dialing a sip peer on an asterisk server from 2nd
asterisk server. scenario is like this.

on my system i am using this peer in sip.conf.

[abc]
type=peer
username=abc
secret=mysecret
host=192.168.0.20
context=default
dtmfmode=rfc2833
;restrictcid=no
canreinvite=yes
insecure=invite,port
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g729
allow=gsm
nat=yes
qualify=yes

and using following register string

register  => abc:mysecret at 192.168.0.20 <abc%3Amysecret at 192.168.0.20>

now problem is that when i use register string everything goes ok. but when
i remove register string call doesn't go as expected.

I would like to know if there is any feature that i can use to call sip peer
and authenticate is in dial command or some feature in sip.conf

i dont wanna use register string. please help.

regards,

Nasir Javaid