[asterisk-users] Execute AGI, Then Continue

Randall Degges rdegges at gmail.com
Fri May 7 12:16:42 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm running Asterisk 1.6.2.7 using the following pseudo-dialplan (not actual
dialplan, because of complexity):

[something]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,AGI(blah,arg1,arg2)
exten => s,n,Playback(blah)
exten => s,n,DoMoreStuff()
exten => s,n,Hangup()

What I'd like to do, is have Asterisk launch my AGI script and continue
executing dialplan without waiting for the AGI to finish executing. I'm
aware that I can do this manually in my AGI by forking, but I'd like to
avoid doing it that way if possible.

I remember reading something a long time ago saying that there was a way to
do this, but I can't seem to find that documentation again. Am I crazy, or
is this possible to do without modifying my code?

Thanks for all help.

-Randall