[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.2.7 Now Available

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu May 6 12:34:12 CDT 2010

On 05/04/2010 07:41 PM, Leif Madsen wrote:

> OK, I got sufficiently curious to make sure Skype for Asterisk still loaded on
> 1.6.2.7. It does for me, but I had to run "make install" in my Skype source
> directory. One of the modules loaded, but the 'skype' CLI command was not
> available until after I ran "make install" again, so one of the Skype for
> Asterisk components must not have been compatible.

Since Skype For Asterisk includes source code components, just like any
other add-on module that is distributed as source code it must always
(or nearly always) be recompiled when the version of Asterisk installed
on the system is changed, or even when Asterisk is recompiled and
significant compile-time options have been changed (like DEBUG_THREADS,
MALLOC_DEBUG and the like). Digium's binary-only modules are built in
such a way to avoid this requirement, but that is not possible for a
channel driver like chan_skype, so it must be distributed as source code
and compiled against the configured and installed copy of Asterisk.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com