[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.2.7 Now Available

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Tue May 4 19:41:28 CDT 2010

Richard Kenner wrote:
>> Should be the latest available on the Digium downloads site. It says
>> version 1.6.2.0 but I've been using Skype for Asterisk on my 1.6.2
>> branch for quite some time (I just updated it last week).
>
> Hmm.  So was I until it abruptly stopped working.  It started again when
> I went back to an older SVN revision.  Maybe I should try again.

If that is the case, then you may need to contact Digium support, but as far as
I can tell mine is still working with a recent SVN checkout of 1.6.2.

*some time goes by*

OK, I got sufficiently curious to make sure Skype for Asterisk still loaded on
1.6.2.7. It does for me, but I had to run "make install" in my Skype source
directory. One of the modules loaded, but the 'skype' CLI command was not
available until after I ran "make install" again, so one of the Skype for
Asterisk components must not have been compatible.

Leif.