[asterisk-users] res_config_mysql - maximum field length for appdata

Sebastian Denz asterisk-users at gonicus.de
Wed May 5 09:17:55 CDT 2010

Hello list,

as I am trying to write a complex macro for my users i have the problem,
that the appdata field in the extensions table is to small for all my macro
parameters.

I am using the DB definition from
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+RealTime+Extensions
so appdata is limited to 128 characters.

And I would prefer some more ;)

After looking around in res_config_mysql.c I did not find any design based
limitation because to me the relevant data structures seems to be allocated
dynamically.

But as I am not a skilled C-hacker, it will be great if someone could tell me
if there will be unwanted side effects after changing the fieldlength to
something like 200 characters or more...

btw: is there another (maybe more official?!) source for the database definition
than voip-info.org? I did not find anything in the addons directory...

Regards,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Denz <sebastian.denz at GONICUS.de> (System Engineer)
* GONICUS GmbH * Zentrale * Moehnestrasse 11-17 * D-59755 Arnsberg

*Sitz der Gesellschaft: Moehnestrasse 11-17 * D-59755 Arnsberg
*Geschaeftsfuehrer: Rainer Luelsdorf, Alfred Schroeder
*Vorsitzender des Beirats: Juergen Michels
*Amtsgericht Arnsberg * HRB 1968