[asterisk-users] Bridging old system (ESI IVX E) with new Asterisk server

Mark Scholten mark at streamservice.nl
Tue May 4 00:37:54 CDT 2010

We did something like that by a client not too long ago. First we did place
the new phones next to the existing phones (so user could use it for
outbound calls + intern calls and get familiar with it). After 2 weeks we
did start the move for the incoming number and now they are using it for all
calls (except the mobile phones). To explain everything to the persons that
need to use it we did create a short manual and we give a few persons a
special number to call if they need help.

Currently we are planning to do the same thing at another client. We did
decide to make options available on the asterisk server and not on the phone
(as they also use PAP2T boxes at some locations and options have to work the
same way everywhere).

Mark