[asterisk-users] Bridging old system (ESI IVX E) with new Asterisk server

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Mon May 3 17:21:19 CDT 2010

Eddie Mikell wrote:
> All:
>
> My company has an existing ESI IVX E-class system with 45 phones.  I can add one more card, to expand it another 6 phones, but it's $8000, and then the system will have to be replaced.

That is worse than highway robbery.
I feel sure with some careful searching you can do much better for the
card and the 6 phones.
Coupling the two systems together will not be well received by the users.
Just one opinion

If you really want to move to Asterisk, then do it, but it will take
more than a weekend of careful consideration and testing!

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot