[asterisk-users] ATA shootout: PAP2T versus Grandstream Handytone 286

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun May 2 08:19:21 CDT 2010

On 05/02/2010 02:59 AM, James Lamanna wrote:
>>> It seems that the PAP2T does support TFTP and an XML-based config for
>>> deployments...
>>>

> I've used both the Grandstream 286 and the Linksys PAP2T.
> I have been able to get some limited faxing to work using T30 with a PAP2T.
> Configuration and provisioning of the Linksys is very easy through
> either the web GUI
> or XML configuration files, which can be transferred through TFTP or HTTP.
>
> I can only hope that Cisco will update the firmware of the PAP2T to
> support T38 one day...

They've made it pretty clear that isn't going to happen. I suspect its a
lack of resources - memory and processing power - rather than being
bloody minded and trying to maintain some differentiation for the
SPA2102. They can only do one port of G.729, and I assume that is more
than just saving on per port patent licence fees.

Steve