[asterisk-users] Asterisk load balancing and failover

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 06:37:21 CDT 2010

Hi,

Good to know this but I am not the poster of this question and not doing any
load balancing.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.

On 2010-03-31 7:33 AM, "Tobias Wolf" <tobias.wolf at evision.de> wrote:

huu giang schrieb:

> Hi Zeeshan
>
> I know a solution using DRBD, Heartbeat and RedFone hardware to
> provide failover...
Well, if that case the SS7 Switch to which you are connected should be
able to load balance the call to both of your servers. I guess you have
two point codes for you servers? If one server goes down, the ss7 switch
received the red alarms and
stops to route calls to it. Once the server is up again it will get new
calls.

So, we only thing you have to worry about is to keep state information
between the two servers consistent if people record messages or access
databases.

Regards,

Tobias