[asterisk-users] Minimalize jitter in VoIP calls

jonas kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Tue Mar 30 09:11:29 CDT 2010

Hello list,

I have set the tos-settings in sip.conf as recommended at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sip+tos :

sip.conf tos_sip cs3
sip.conf tos_audio ef

But there is still jitter and audio delay. What other measures can I
take ??

Zoiper softphone --> D-Link router --> ADSL (ISP) --> Asterisk-server
--> ITSP --> rest of the world

The same TOS-settings for sip and audio are set in the Zoiper softphone.
On the workstation there is some minimal web browsing, no hardcore
downloading or file transfer.

Kind regards.