[asterisk-users] AMD reporting NOTSURE most of the time

Steve Moran sam at matara.net
Tue Mar 23 21:06:04 CDT 2010

I am running Asterisk and using Answer machine detection with call files on
a virtual Vcloud server running Centos 5.3 and LAMP. I am finding that AMD
is only detecting HUMAN or MACHINE for about 30% of the calls (I sent over
50,000 outbound calls last week, and 70% said NOTSURE).

I have a suspicion that the problem may be due to the timing source on
virtual server when its under load delivering lots of asterisk calls, since
the AMDSTATUS always reports things such as:-

AMDSTATUS:NOTSURE-AMDCAUSE:TOOLONG-5500

My AMD.conf settings are all set to default:-

[general]
initial_silence = 2500          ; Maximum silence duration before the
greeting.
                                ; If exceeded then MACHINE.
greeting = 1500                 ; Maximum length of a greeting. If exceeded
then MACHINE.
after_greeting_silence = 800    ; Silence after detecting a greeting.
                                ; If exceeded then HUMAN
total_analysis_time = 5000      ; Maximum time allowed for the algorithm to
decide
                                ; on a HUMAN or MACHINE
min_word_length = 100           ; Minimum duration of Voice to considered as
a word
between_words_silence = 50      ; Minimum duration of silence after a word
to consider
                                ; the audio what follows as a new word
maximum_number_of_words = 5     ; Maximum number of words in the greeting.
                                ; If exceeded then MACHINE
silence_threshold = 256

Just wondering if any of you AMD users have any ideas as to what I should
check. When I view this on the console I see that it jumps to too long
almost immediately:-

AMD: initialSilence [2500] greeting [1500] afterGreetingSilence [800]
totalAnalysisTime [5000] minimumWordLength [100] betweenWordsSilence [50]
maximumNumberOfWords [5] silenceThreshold [256] maximumWordLength [5000]

    -- AMD: Channel [SIP/faktortel-00001385]. Changed state to
STATE_IN_SILENCE

    -- AMD: Channel [SIP/faktortel-00001385]. Too long...

    -- AMD: Channel [SIP/faktortel-00001385]. Too long...

Thanks

Steve