[asterisk-users] G.711a or G.711u ???

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:57:12 CDT 2010

Doesn't really matter unless you want to use zaptel lines on one end and
VoIP lines on the other end, and want to avoid mismatch between your telco
and your IP phones codecs. Transcoding between aLaw and uLaw in my
experience can degrade voice quality. If you are using zaptel, and your
telco supports aLaw, then use aLaw otherwise use uLaw. uLaw is North
American standard and aLaw almost rest of the world.

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria