[asterisk-users] PRI lines do not have CallerID activated yet it is

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 22 07:03:19 CDT 2010

Exactly what is the problem you've having with CallerID?  Are you not
receiving it, or are you not able to send it?  Which carrier are you
using and what make and model card is the line connected to?

For incoming calls on ISDN-10/20/30 lines, no special configuration is
required to receive caller ID, however your carrier must be presenting
it to you.  Likewise no special configuration (beyond dialplan
functionality to set the number to be sent) is required to set caller ID
on outgoing calls, again provided your carrier will allow this.  The
format of the number to be set varies a great deal, but as a rule of
thumb, you set the caller ID in the same format you receive it in.  Any
outgoing caller ID that does not fall within the allocated number range
for the service will just about always be ignored, resulting in the
"default" caller ID being presented to the called party.