[asterisk-users] Polycom DHCP Option 66 FTP provisioning

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Mon Mar 22 05:02:38 CDT 2010

I can confirm that using option 66 will work with FTP (and HTTP, for
that matter) with newer BootROM versions.  I don't know the exact
version it changed, unfortunately, as I just noticed it in passing when
I was running some tests one day.

As for why we ended up choosing option 129 originally rather than 160?
I wish I had a clever technical explation, but it's just a random
unassigned option number.  That's it. :)

- Brad