[asterisk-users] Setting Caller ID for attended transfer

Daniel - Asterisk earohuanca at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 11:12:20 CDT 2010

Hello list,

I'm sending calls to a queue in the attended way, that is, *1.* the original
call is put on hold, *2.* a second line is open to call the queue,
*3.*after an agent is connected the original call is transfered to its
final
destination.

   1. Zap/1-1  <--> SIP/agentA-tag1
   2.                                             SIP/agentA-tag2 <-->
   SIP/agentB-tag
   3. Zap/1-1 <--> SIP/agentB-tag

What I want to do is to overwrite the CallerID of the call entering the
Queue to add the Callerid number of the original call to the agent's number
and get it at the ENTERQUEUE event of the queue_log.

I've tried with inheritance but since a second independent line was open
there are no relation between channels to pass variables values.

I think two alternatives could help:

   1. If there exits any way to obtain variables from another channel, in
   this case, channel SIP/AgentA-tag2 obtaining the values from
   SIP/AgentA-tag1, I could rename the callerID properly
   2. If there is a way to get the values of the queue variables to relate
   agent with original caller, it could help too.

Hope you can help me, I'm running Asterisk 1.4.21

Elder D. Arohuanca Lagos
+51 1 945108658