[asterisk-users] Polycom DHCP Option 66 FTP provisioning

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Wed Mar 17 20:48:07 CDT 2010

Yes, this is still one of the unsolved mysteries I wanted to find out
about Polycom provisioning despite using it for a few years now.  I used
vsftpd and initially used boot server opt 66 and type string but could
not get it to work.

I asked our guru in DTW and he told me to use 129 and lo and behold, it
worked but I was not told why when I asked and I never had time to find
out why.

Karl, if you could find the answer, please share it with us.