[asterisk-users] Asterisk as a skinny/sccp "client"?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Mar 17 12:33:54 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 10:56 -0500, Jason Parker wrote:

> No, this isn't currently possible.

Damn.

> I did ponder this for a while, but my
> conclusion was that the effort required to do so would far outweigh any benefit
> you'd gain from it.

How about having something -- anything on Linux, able to connect to a
Cisco PBX using Skinny, where one has no other options?

> Cisco has been moving to SIP for a very long time.  There aren't any phone
> features that Asterisk could emulate that would make this any better than SIP
> (or even anything approaching parity).

Perhaps not, but there are still installations where all they are using
is Skinny and nothing else.

You don't need to tell me about the pros/cons of this as I have no
control over what "they" are doing.  I am just a consumer of it.

Unfortunately, I think Asterisk and skinny is about as close as anything
is on Linux to utilizing SCCP.  :-(

b.