[asterisk-users] 1.2 to 1.6 and bristuff

Mon Mar 15 04:28:27 CDT 2010

Am 12.03.2010 13:17, schrieb Steve Davies:
> Hi,
>
> I am just moving from Asterisk 1.2+bristuff up to 1.6.2, a huge leap
> :) I was wondering if someone could point me at 3 things that I appear
> to have "lost"?
>
> 1) ZapEC(off) - Is there an equivalent dialplan command to request no
> EC on a channel before dialling in DAHDI?
>
> 2) rxfax(file.tiff) - I have found ReceiveFax(), but I am aware that
> much has happened in the faxing stakes recently, is there a good
> starting point to read about how this works in 1.6 with T.38
> passthru/gateways etc?

AFAIK ReceiveFax does work on T.38 and non-T.38 channels, it is
transparent to the dialplan. ReceiveFax detects if the channels switched
to T.38 and takes care of it.

T.38 passthrough also works.

T.38 Gatewaying is not supported yet. If you need it you can try the
patch from the bugtracker:
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13405

> 3) Bristuff came with its own version of PickupChan() - Does anyone
> know if native Asterisk supports their Pickup mechanism?

I needed to get rid of PickupChan and thus use Pickup() and the pseudo
context PICKUPMARK. Works well for me (1.4).

E.g.:
// incoming call
Set(_PICKUPMARK=${EXTEN});
Dial(....);