[asterisk-users] Help with playing a recorded message in a conference.

Sean Brady sbrady at gtfservices.com
Sun Mar 14 17:10:11 CDT 2010

Hello all,

My folks would like to play a message to answering machines automatically after hanging up the phone.  So, when the caller dials the number of the callee, hears an answering machine, they would like to enter a code on the phone and hang up.  After the hangup the message plays to the callee and disconnects.  The message that is played uses text to speech that is tailored to the callee, and there will be multiple callers playing a message to multiple callees simultaneously.

I was thinking about doing an features.conf application map, but I am not sure how to play the message.  One possibility is to have the dialplan create another channel, bridge the two channels together, then play the message, but I'm not sure of the best method of accomplishing this.

 Can someone help me with some ideas on this?  Does this sound like the correct approach, or is there a better or easier way to do this that anyone can think of?

Asterisk version is 1.6.2.6.  Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Thanks in advance.
Sean