[asterisk-users] dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.1+2.2.1 failed to compile

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Mar 14 13:58:49 CDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 01:32:09PM -0400, Nitesh Divecha wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm trying to do a fresh installation on Ubuntu Server 9.10 (Karmic)
> 64-bit but I am getting error when "make config" is trying to install
> the init script... Here is the output: - Can anyone help me please...
> Thanking in advance...

The dahdi-tools Makefile tries to use chkconfig first before update-rc.d .

On your system chkconfig actually exists, but it uses insserv (with
service dependencies) and aparantly you have many services on your
system without proper depdendencies declared. Unless those are old and
unpurged ifles from obsolete packages.

In short: I'm not sure what's the proper fix here (as opposed to the
workaround of avoiding chkconfig .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com