[asterisk-users] Asterisk on MPLS VPN

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Mar 13 08:48:59 CST 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Sriram <d_r_sriram at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I;ve trixbox installed with 2 NICs. One NIC carries the MPLS-VPN traffic
> (only a 1 MB link without internet for carrying voice to another site) while
> the other NIC has a connection with public IP for internet services on that
> machine.
>

> the first NIC (eth0) has IP of 172.16.0.1 and is connected to router with
> WAN IP: 10.18.6.254 , the second IP is 203.234.82.98 (eth1). i want to have
> the internet access to this machine at all times as i need to pull out
> reports etc.
>

> Problem : both NICs dont work together i.e i have to do ifdown eth0 to ping
> yahoo.com (via second nic) and i have to do ifup eth0 and ifdown eth1 to
> ping the router IP of MPLS VPN that is 10.18.6.254. The resolve.conf has
> nameservers of both ISP as well as MPLS - VPN that the provider gave. I get
> a Request timed out if i try to keep both interfaces up and do a ping to
> either public internet or router of mpls
>

> can anyone please suggest
>

> Rgds
>
> Sriram
>
> It is probably routing and your default gateway.  Type route and paste the
results into your reply.

This could be your problem as well "*the first NIC (eth0) has IP of
172.16.0.1 and is connected to router with WAN IP: 10.18.6.254 , the second
IP is 203.234.82.98 (eth1). i want to have the internet access to this
machine at all times as i need to pull out reports etc*."

Maybe you were in a rush or I am non reading that right, but I don't really
get the impression that you understand networking.

Does any of it work with one NIC up?  You don't really say what works and
what doesn't or what does.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro