[asterisk-users] Asterisk on MPLS VPN

Sriram d_r_sriram at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 13 08:40:31 CST 2010

Hi

I;ve trixbox installed with 2 NICs. One NIC carries the MPLS-VPN traffic
(only a 1 MB link without internet for carrying voice to another site) while
the other NIC has a connection with public IP for internet services on that
machine.

the first NIC (eth0) has IP of 172.16.0.1 and is connected to router with
WAN IP: 10.18.6.254 , the second IP is 203.234.82.98 (eth1). i want to have
the internet access to this machine at all times as i need to pull out
reports etc.

Problem : both NICs dont work together i.e i have to do ifdown eth0 to ping
yahoo.com (via second nic) and i have to do ifup eth0 and ifdown eth1 to
ping the router IP of MPLS VPN that is 10.18.6.254. The resolve.conf has
nameservers of both ISP as well as MPLS - VPN that the provider gave. I get
a Request timed out if i try to keep both interfaces up and do a ping to
either public internet or router of mpls

can anyone please suggest

Rgds

Sriram