[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.2.5 x64 with Skype and DTMF on skype-out.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Mar 12 13:24:47 CST 2010

Joakim Eriksson wrote:
> I'm running Asterisk 1.6.2.5 with chan_skype on a x64 linux platform.
> When a user calls from skype (not skype-in) to asterisk, dtmf (basically menus for a conference system) works just fine.
> But when a user from the inside (soft or hardware sip phone) calls out via skype-out dtmf doesn't work.
> I have tried setting the codec to alaw, and dtmfmode to all possible options (auto, inband and rfc2833).

This is a known issue with SkypeIn and SkypeOut and is being addressed.
There should be a Skype For Asterisk release soon that contains the
changes required on its send; there are also changes being made in the
SkypeIn and SkypeOut networks to properly support DTMF. Stay tuned :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com